Saffron, also known as saffron pistil, is very popular among women. A lot of people believe that taking saffron during pregnancy will make the baby’s skin color fairer. This sounds unbelievable. However, pregnant women are still advised to use saffron for pregnancy taken with milk or water because of its many benefits. Among the many nutritious foods for pregnant women, perhaps very few people know saffron, especially saffron pistil works great for pregnant women.
So what are the benefits? This article will help pregnant women to know the saffron. At the same time giving tips to help pregnant mothers use this product safely.
Benefits of consuming saffron during pregnancy)
- Good for the digestive system: The astringent properties of Saffron assist in cleaning the digestive tract. It also improves blood flow, increases appetite and contributes to the digestive process.
- Controls blood pressure: The compounds, crocin and safranal, in saffron, have properties that control an increase in blood pressure.
- Cramps and pain relief: Having a baby in womb, the muscles and bones of the mother must stretch to fit the baby. This can lead to joint and stomach cramps and discomfort. The antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory characteristics of Saffron will help to alleviate these cramps.
- Helps to sleep better: During pregnancy, pregnant mothers often lose sleep. This is a completely normal symptom. The sedative properties in saffron will solve this concern for the mother.
- Helps better mood: In addition to insomnia, pregnant mothers will have to experience negative emotions such as anxiety, sadness. Saffron contains antidepressants that helps improve her mood.
- According to experts Maintaining heart health: Saffron’s antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties could help control levels of cholesterol and maintain healthy arteries and blood cells.
Should Saffron Extract Be Used During Pregnancy?
Extract of saffron is used to treat depression, loss of weight, fat burning and cravings in some Asian countries. But whether saffron pistil (Saffron) is enough to provide essential nutrients for pregnant mothers? Of course, it is necessary to have a combination of many different sources of nutrients to have enough quality for mother and fetus. Milk cannot be ignored among these nutritional sources. Saffron Milk is also good food for pregnant women that no one can deny.
Pregnant mothers should take Saffron during pregnancy?
Using Kashmir saffron for pregnancy in the right dose, at the right time, and for the right purpose will bring many unexpected effects to the mother, helping the pregnant mother to pass through the period of pregnancy in the most comfortable way.
Doctors recommend that from the fifth month pregnant women can take Kashmir Saffron. This is the safest time for your baby to be in the womb. You should only drink a few strands (20 to 30 milligrams) of saffron pistil each day. Saffron intake above this level may have some side effects. Pregnant under 3 months should absolutely not use, pregnant mothers should use from the 5th month to avoid miscarriage.