Digestive enzymes are one of the most important elements of the human digestive system. Enzymes are proteins that fulfil the role of “biological catalysts”, meaning that it’s their task to regulate a lot of important bodily functions. Ranging from digestion to sleep, enzymes have a lot of responsibilities. If you want to improve your digestion, then you should buy peptides after consulting with a physician. Take a look at the most important benefits that you can enjoy from consuming peptides.
Three Types of Digestive Enzymes
- Proteases: Proteases are a set of enzymes whose job it is to break down proteins into amino acids and peptide chains. One example of a human protease is pepsin, which is secreted into the stomach.
- Amylases: Amylases are a class of enzymes which are responsible for breaking down carbohydrates and complex sugars into simple sugars that can be easily used by the body. One example of human amylase is salivary amylase, present in human saliva.
- Lipases: As the name suggests, lipases are a class of enzymes that are responsible for breaking down complex fats into fatty acids and glycerol. A few major examples of a lipase is the Human Pancreatic Lipase (HPL) and lingual lipases.
Benefits Of Enzymes For Health
- Increases Nutrient Absorption: Enzymes are catalysts, which means that they can help your body to absorb the nutrients from the food you eat. Your amylases can help you to absorb nutrients from the food and use the energy to carry out other metabolic processes.
- Works with Peptides: Peptides can help in treating a number of underlying conditions, such as hypertension, skincare, poor immune responses, etc. Enzymes such as proteases work in tandem with peptides, and break them down into amino acids and chains. These can be very important for overall health and welfare.
- Improves Methylation: “Methylation”, or alkylation, is an organic process where an atom of hydrogen is replaced by a methyl (-CH3) group. In the body, this methylation is responsible for detoxification, inflammation control, etc. Enzymes are the primary catalytic agents that are responsible for the proper methylation in the body.
- Helps Resolve Anxiety: Your energy levels and health is governed by a class of chemicals known as neurotransmitters. These do not work effectively unless they interact with enzymes. If your proteins aren’t being broken down properly, you can suffer from anxiety. Enzymes can help with this by catalyzing proteins.
- Improves Recovery Time: Research has shown that proteolytic enzymes such as papain and bromelain can help in wound healing. It can also improve the recovery time after surgery. The study found that dental patients taking 5 mg of serrapeptase experienced much lower levels of pain, swelling and overall discomfort.
These are the 5 major benefits of enzymes in the human body. These are catalysts which help to speed up some of the most important and life-saving processes in the body. If you maintain a proper diet and supplement it with peptides, you can do wonders for your overall health.